Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Camp

Today I helped out at a practicum all day for a school program I do called Classical Conversations. I helped the 9-12 year old Latin Camp. All total there were 30 kids and only 3 helpers. So we divided up the kids into groups of 10. It just so happened that 10 girls sat in one group, 3 girls and 7 guys sat in one group, and 10 guys sat in another. I was assigned to be the leader for the group of 10 girls. Of course, they turned out to be the quietest, most attentive group of all, right? Wrong. I had 3 chatter boxes (which considering how many girls there were wasn't bad), who all wanted my attention, but didn't want to do their work. There was one really sweet girl who needed a little bit of help, but really tried. It was so fun!
So it's Latin Camp. And where did Latin originate? Rome, right. So we all had to name our groups something Roman-ish. Since we were all girls we named our group Team Venus, after the Roman goddess of love and beauty. The mixed group were the Gladiators, and the all guy group was Team Apollo, after the Roman goddess of light and music.
It was a fun day all together, and I got a promise for some sour dough bread starter. Yummm!!!!!! I <3 sour dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are two days left in the practicum. I hope everything turns out as great as it did today...

No comments:

Post a Comment